DHX Electric Machines, Inc. is an electric machine manufacturing company, based in Braselton, Georgia. We develop and manufacture ultra-high torque density electric machines for a variety of niche markets using proprietary, patented direct-winding heat exchange (DWHX™) cooling technology. DHX Electric Machines, Inc. is seeking outstanding, highly motivated and detail oriented individuals with exceptional accounting qualifications and skills. We offer a dynamic working environment, broad responsibilities and excellent career development opportunities.
DHX Electric Machines, Inc. is seeking an Accountant to perform accounting and finance functions, reporting to the VP of Operations & Marketing. The position will require exceptional communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of corporate etiquette. He/she will be handling matters requiring discretionary judgment and confidentiality. The Accountant is responsible for all of the accounting operations within the company which will include: management of accounting staff and outsourced activities within a management infrastructure of policies, procedures, and calendars of activities; proper processing of all types of business transactions, such as, invoicing, billings, payroll, cash receipts, disbursements, reconciliations, utilizing a system of controls to ensure accuracy and compliance; reporting of financial statements and management reports; planning in terms of the annual budget, and investigating variance between it and actual results; compliance with a variety of tax reporting requirements, government reports, debt covenants, and accounting standards. Since the company consists of a small but tightly integrated group of people possessing a positive attitude and a professional demeanor is crucial.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Statements
- Support CPA for tax return & other tax issues
- Comfortable with learning new applications and systems.
- Ability to draft communications, review communications of others, pay attention to detail and follow up.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Google G-Suite apps.
- Experience with QuickBooks is a must.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies.
- Maintain operational accounting procedures, transactions, and control systems.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate with individuals at all levels and with discretion.
- Must be able to use considerable judgment and to work independently with high accuracy.
- Must be extremely well organized and responsible for documents.
- Must be able to work in a highly dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
- Must be able to handle sensitive data with discretion, display a sense of urgency, and is proactive in taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Ability to recommend accounting policies to improve standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Assists with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of accounting and finance employees.
- Maintains accounting staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance.
- Make year-end adjusting entries as needed.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Receives invoices and when necessary investigates client’s accounts payable invoices.
- Codes and process payables, and remit accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Manage accounts receivables, by collecting promptly.
- Deposits accounts receivables into company bank accounts.
- Communicate with clients, suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits, defense contracting audits, and potential tax audits.
- Assists tax accountants on tax return preparation.
- Work to ensure accurate and compliant tax filings.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform additional duties as may be required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting
- Business experience of 5+ years of
- progressively responsible experience with companies
- Certified Public Accountant/Certified
- Management Accountant designations
DHX Electric Machines, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment may be conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- A positive and professional demeanor
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Part Time or Full Time
Competitive with benefits, dependent upon the skills and experience of the applicant.
DHX Electric Machines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer